Odds and Ends

Sorry I haven't blogged any the past few days!  Here are some "Odds and Ends."

I played my violin this morning in church.  (I haven't played in a couple of months...I had to get some things on it fixed.)  I didn't realize how much I missed it!  Here are the words to the song I played...

Beulah Land

I'm kind of homesick for a country
To which I've never been before.
No sad goodbyes will there be spoken
for time won't matter anymore.

Beulah Land, I'm longing for you
and some day on thee I'll stand.
There my home shall be eternal.
Beulah Land -- Sweet Beulah Land

It is such a beautiful old song...a great reminder that this earth is not our home...we're just passing through! 




Also, here is a project I had been working on...

My first "needle work/stitchery" project!  I stitched it with my great-grandmother's thread.

(Sorry this picture is dark.)

Psalm 128
 "Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.  For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.  Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.  Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.  The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.  Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel."

Adoption Progress...
Please check out my family's adoption blog to see how the Lord is working in wondrous ways!

  I'll end with this...

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
(John 16:33)

As we start a new week, let us live victoriously!  We have a reason to be joyful!

Taylor





1 comments:

Kathy Brown

I loved the needlework and what it means (Psalm 128). MaMaw Ruth would really love it too--that makes it even more beautiful with you using her thread!!!

You'll have to play Beulah Land for us sometime. Know they loved it at Friendship Church. What beautiful words!!

Keep writing--I love it!!!

Love,
MaMaw